The Value of Assessing Your Population
A crucial tool for managing populations requires the use of a predictive modeler. The modeler should consider proportionally physical, behavioral, and social conditions. Additional components include:
- Pharmacy activity and adherence
- Outpatient and admission activity
- Specific measures (eg. HEDIS)
This population assessment creates many identified groups at risk based on:
- Weighted proportions of the above elements (physical, behavioral, social)
- A threshold for ER and admission activity in a defined time frame
- Frequency of non-adherence of prescriptions
- The creation of new programs
This also allows the flexibility to assess provider efficiency and connectivity with the population.
These items are a wonderful marketing tool with readily visible value to existing and new customers/clients.
For more information about the value of assessing your population, please contact us.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 September 2012 14:20